As a stylish and chic woman, you know that an absolute must to achieve an all-over polished look is a good mani. Prove that you are on top of your fall game with a bold and beautiful color on your nails – what better way to show your enthusiasm toward the new fall season? This time of year, as the leaves change colors and potted mums start popping up in storefronts everywhere, many beauty brands are introducing new seasonal collections.
Here’s a grouping of high-end and high street, new and old brands alike to renovate your own batch of autumnal polishes.
1) Wicked by Essie– Chanel’s Vamp (originally Rouge Noir) made a striking mark in the so-dark-it’s-almost-black realm of nail colors. Since its debut in 1995, a wave of copycat colors have sprung from the wood works – among them, Essie’s budget-friendlier Wicked. What a striking statement without going all the way dark to black.
2) Up’s by Essie– Wine night with the girls? Channel that inner wino and match what’s in your class with this cabernet-red.
3) Smoke Red by Tom Ford– Opting for the vampire look on Halloween night? Slide on this deep blood-red to your nails for a simply delicious mien.
4) Soup Can by NARS– This bright and holiday-friendly scarlet is a yummy must that transcends season and weather. Thank you, NARS.
5) Butter London in Saucy Jack– Attention all fair-skinned dames: blue-based red like Saucy Jack is notably flattering on pale skin.
6) Russian Navy by O.P.I.– Holy blue! A lovely and stunning inky blue, Russian Navy instantly reminds me of Rose’s stunning blue diamond necklace à la Titanic.
7) Bobbing for Baubles by Essie – A few shades darker than Essie’s Chinchilla grey, this deep and chic slate grey brings a whole new level of sophistication to an otherwise less sought after nail choice.
8) Dark Side of the Moon by O.P.I. – Think metallic and stormy charcoal. This pewter grey baby will channel your inner rockstar.
9) Misa in Teddy Bear – Far from cute and cuddly, this wildly gorgeous brown shimmers in cascading flecks of gold.
10) Stylenomics by Essie – I am dying to get my hands on a deep dark pine green, and I’ve been eyeing Stylenomics to fill that void. An unusual choice for a mani, it’s puts a unique, verdant twist on an otherwise beautiful autumnal nail color.
11) Power Clutch by Essie – A green-grey like Power Clutch brings a touch of camo-inspired edge.
*Taylor’s Tip* Break the rules and swipe on a solid shade of pure white for autumn. Even before the wintery months arrive, white nails create a glorified version of French tips: they’re clean, simple, versatile, and contrast against your dark fall outfits in a pretty way. My personal preference? Filed into a pointed almond shape.