Today’s #30Over30PHL recipient is “a natural leader who inspires woman to become better and do more.” Dawn Bundick has over 25 years of customer service and hospitality experience, and is a founding member of the Party Partners of Philadelphia – a group of private event dining managers who have come together to worker harder and smarter for clients looking for private dining space in Philadelphia. Learn more about Dawn below!
Name: Dawn N. Bundick
1) What neighborhood in Philadelphia do you call home? East Oak Lane
2) Tell us about what you do professionally: I am the Senior Sales & Marketing Manager for the Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia! I sell the Cafe for private events (banquets, meetings, product launches, social affairs, etc…). We have two private spaces as well as the ability to utilize the entire Cafe for events. I also oversee the Marketing plan for the Cafe, basically decide where our marketing dollars would be best spent to drive traffic and trial to the Cafe. I have a team of three that I enjoy working with everyday and I also help to support the 11 other Cafes in the North America East region. I am the face of the Brand in Philadelphia!
3) What makes you happy? Spending time with my family and my friends first and foremost, secondly my clients after an event to see them happy and excited with the experience we have provided them.
4) Who inspires you and why? My sister, my mother and my son. They all beat to the sound of their own drum. My sister is the best big sister ever – always my biggest supporter. She speaks her mind and her presence demands attention. She has a goodness in her heart that she will do for you before she does for herself. My mother has always made it happen for her daughters, and looking back now I don’t know how she did it. She realized that her most important job in her life was making sure her girls were going to grow up and be strong women who would succeed in everything they put their minds to. My son his individualism and is remarkable – he embraces it and is comfortable in his skin and I love it!!
5) What’s your biggest regret and why? I don’t have any regrets. Everything happens for a reason, and it can either be a great experience or a learning experience but you have to go through it to understand it.
6) What is your life motto? Life’s too short, this is not a dress rehearsal, and do it to the fullest.
7) Name a guilty pleasure: Jewelry
8) On what occasion do you lie? Hmmmm…that’s a hard one, I may if it will get me out of a ticket although I have never yet been stopped by the police.
9) What’s in your purse right now? Perfume, about 20 lipglosses/lipsticks, my wallet, hairbrush, gum, mouthwash, business cards, earbuds, allegra, wet naps, phone chargers, car/house keys, loose change
10) What is your greatest extravagance? My car
11) Where is your favorite travel destination? Anywhere with a beach!!!
12) How do you take your coffee? Black
13) What is your most treasured possession? My wedding band
14) What is your favorite magazine? Philly Style
15) What advice would you give your 20-something self? Don’t hesitate and go with your gut!
16) Where can we find you on a Friday night? Hair Salon (standing Friday night appt), then date night with the Hubby at our neighborhood watering hole
17) What motivates you? My family is my motivation and my zest to be a better Dawn then I was yesterday
18) What’s something unique that we can find on your desk or around your workspace? I have my “Welcome to the Hard Rock Team” card that the management signed and was waiting at my desk my first day in the office, almost 15 years ago now
19) What’s the best relationship advice you’ve ever gotten? Communication is key and even if it is an uncomfortable conversation it needs to be had…also never fight about money, it comes and it goes!!
20) What’s your favorite thing about Philadelphia right now? The growth in retail and restaurants. It’s amazing after being in Center City for over 25 years and to finally see so much in those industries taking such a strong hold on the city is so refreshing!
21) If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? Wonder Woman! She has an invisible plane and golden lasso that can get the truth from any one!
22) Do you have a fashion icon? Princess Diana and Diana Ross
23) If you could go back to one decade in history, which one would it be and why? 60’s…the struggle for equality for both minorities and women was at its height and people had a passion for justice and made their voices heard and people had to listen.
24) Where’s your favorite place to eat? My kitchen – my husband is a fantastic cook!
25) How do you stay sane balancing your life and career? Keeping it all in perspective after years of working, realizing that tomorrow is another day and that I work hard so I can play harder!! If I am not good to Dawn and make sure she has down time it doesn’t benefit anyone!
26) What’s your favorite drink or cocktail? Bourbon neat
27) What is your favorite movie? Gone with the Wind
28) Tell us about an embarrassing moment you recently had: About a month ago leaving a party and fell in a pot hole in the middle of the street, ended up with a bum knee that had to get drained….
29) What’s your favorite app right now? Macy’s
30) If you could, what would you say to yourself fives years from now? Be proud of yourself and what you have worked so hard to accomplish and hopefully you were able to touch someone in a good way with the job you have done!
#30Over30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Melissa Alam of Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala of FaymeProblems. #30Over3PHL is being presented with support from Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia.