We’ve got a pretty, pretty rebel for today’s#30Under30PHL. Everyone, meet the most awesome Leah of Pretty Pretty Rebel – a children’s clothing line for “little girls that love glitter and guitars!” Get ready for some laughs with this profile, because Leah’s got quite the infectious personality.
1. How old are you?
2. What do you do?
I have a locally made children’s clothing line called Pretty Pretty Rebel. Pretty Pretty Rebel is created and produced in Philadelphia inspired by rock and roll music and features bright colors and wild imaginations. For little girls that love glitter and guitars!
3. What neighborhood in Philly do you call home?
South Philly! (East Passyunk)
4. What is your favorite thing right now about Philly?
My favorite thing about Philly right now is all the new amazing artist and events that are happening! This is such a great city to be in right now with all the energy and creativity!
5. What do you consider your greatest achievement thus far?
This whole year so far I have accomplished so much! I amazed myself! I graduated from The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator program and met so many amazing people to help me get great press on Good Day Philadelphia, Philly.com, etc. Also I got my collection in a few stores!
6. If not yourself, who would you like to be?
Wonder Woman! Mainly for her outfit and having Superman as a boyfriend!
7. Your idea of happiness.
Laying in a pile of daises and hanging out with David Bowie!
8. Guiltiest pleasure?
Eating a container of Nutella while watching The Temptations and also that popular song “Classic.”
9. Favorite inspirational quote?
“I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else will fall into place.” –by Lucille Ball
10. What do you appreciate the most in your friends?
There are three things I appreciate, honesty, sense of humor, and support!
11. Favorite food in Philly?
The chicken sandwich at HipCityVeg. OMG, it is literally unreal how good it is!!
12. Favorite drink in Philly?
Strawberry Margarita from Cantina!
13. Favorite song right now?
Into The Groove by Madonna. Is that weird?? I try to be Madonna from 1984 so bad!!
14. A book you plan on reading?
15. A book that powerfully impacted your life?
He Is Just Not That Into You. If we have to be honest here!
16. Name one historical figure you would like to have coffee with.
David Bowie!! I know he isn’t really a historical figure but the impact he has had on art, music, and fashion is pretty epic!
17. How do you like your coffee?
Almond milk and one splenda packet!
18. Your main fault.
I talk way too much to too many people
19. What is your most prized material possession?
My stuffed bear Poopsie that I had since I was little!
20. Your biggest failure.
My last relationship!
21. What you learned from that failure?
To focus more on what brings me happiness as oppose to what doesn’t. To quote Lady Gaga, “My line will not wake up one day and tell me it doesn’t love me anymore.”
22. What is your greatest fear?
23. Where will you be in 30 years?
Married to Connor Barwin from The Eagles and taking Pretty Pretty Rebel international!
24. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
Sleep in and watch a marathon of Teen Mom
25. Best date spot?
Hanging out in Rittenhouse Square, then grabbing drinks then going bowling!!
26. What does happiness mean to you?
Happiness is a warm cookie!
27. Twitter or Instagram?
29. Who should everyone follow on Instagram?
30. Pats or Genos?
Blackbird on 6th and south!!
#30Under30PHL is a month-long series highlighting Philadelphia’s most ambitious women. Created in collaboration with Femme & Fortune and Alex Kacala.