Let’s face it, when you have sensitive skin you want to do anything and everything to prevent another breakout. What works just fine for other people might be the worst thing you put on your face. With the drugstore shelves stocked with tempting products promising the perfect solution for your insecurities, we commonly make the mistake of falling for those ploys. Save your money and the hassle of dealing with the post-reaction skin with these natural at-home beauty treatments for sensitive skin. Your face will thank you!
Green Tea+ Cucumber + Mint Sugar Lip Scrub
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon cucumber puree
• 2 mint leaves
• 1 teabag of green tea
• 1/2 teaspoon lime
1) Puree a few slices of cucumber, mint leaves, and green tea.
2) Add lime juice and mix in the sugar.
i. Tip: If the puree became too watery, mix in a little more sugar, as needed.
3) Apply warm water on lips and gently rub the lip scrub onto the lips with a Q-tips cotton swab.
4) Dab lips with a warm wash cloth and remove excess residue with cold water.
i. Tip: As tempting as it is, don’t lick your lips! The saliva will take away the scrubs nutrients.
Soft Nutmeg + Honey Milk Facial Scrub
• 1 tablespoon milk
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon honey
1) Mix the milk, honey, and nutmeg into a soft (almost liquid) paste.
2) Apply on face and wash off like a cleanser.
Rose + Lemon Water Toner
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup rose petals
• 2-3 drops of lemon oil
1) Boil a pot of water and rose petals.
2) Add lemon oil.
3) Let cool.
4) Use a cotton ball to lightly apply to skin.
Activated Charcoal Facial Cleanser
• 1 teaspoon charcoal powder
• 15 drops of eucalyptus oil (or tea tree oil)
• ½ teaspoon of aloe vera gel
• 1 ½ teaspoon of yogurt
• ½ teaspoon of honey
• pinch of sea salt
1) Whisk the aloe vera gel, honey, and yogurt.
2) Sprinkle in the charcoal powder to the mixture, periodically adding the drops of oil while stirring until smooth in consistency.
Chocolate Oatmeal Face Mask
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or sour cream
• 3 tablespoons oatmeal powder
1) Using a small bowl and spoon or spatula, mix all ingredients until well combined.
2) Apply immediately on face using a clean brush or fingers.
3) Gently massage into skin.
4) Lay down, and leave on skin for 15-20 minutes.
5) Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Moisturizing Avocado Face Mask
• 1 Ripe Avocado
• 1 Egg White – room temperature
• 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1) Mix the ingredients together well. You can use the whisk to whip it if you don’t want clumps.
2) Scoop one tablespoon at a time and apply evenly on clean face, avoiding the eyes.
3) Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
4) Rinse your face thoroughly with warm water.
Cooling Cucumber Mask
• 1 large cucumber
• 2 TBSP Unrefined Coconut Oil
• 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
• 8 drops of Carrot Seed Essential Oil (optional)
1) Blend all ingredients together until all ingredients form a smooth cream.
2) Transfer to ice cube tray and freeze.
3) Apply all around the eyes.
4) Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
Disclaimer: As with any product, try it on a small section of your skin and monitor the area for 24 hours before applying all over allowing you to determine if the DIY sensitive skin product is right for you.
What are some of your favorite DIY beauty treatments for sensitive skin? Tell us in the comments below!