Nothing makes me smile more than roasting veggies. It also really gets me excited for the summertime, it’s like pre-gaming for grilling season. Seriously people, get excited.
Roasted Cauliflower is delicious, good for you and the perfect side dish for most proteins or on its own. It can even be used to top off a salad or pasta dish!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower.
- Juice of half a lemon (I used more because I love the freshness that the citrus gives to the nutty cauliflower.)
- Cooking spray (I like using Olive Oil flavored Pam but if you’re an Olive Oil fan, you can use that as well.)
- A few sprigs of thyme.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Light grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
Preheat over to 450 degrees.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.(Don’t have this? A baking dish works well too. No lining? Just spray that sucker down good.)
Break apart your head of cauliflower and spread across baking sheet/dish then sprinkle over your salt, pepper and thyme. Spray the cauliflower down with cooking spray or oil (depends on how many calories you feel like saving!) and then combine with your clean hands so that the cauliflower is seasoned evenly.
Throw in your cauliflower into the preheated over for about 20 minutes (Varies on ovens, but just keep an eye on it.) You want to make sure that the cauliflower is golden. I personally love some scorched edges so I leave it in a little bit longer.
Carefully remove your delicious cauliflower and pour in the juice of your lemon and the zest. Mix it up and give it a taste to make sure the seasoning is perfect.
Plate, garnish and devor.